Just Saying Thanks...

Oh my, oh my, this was such a fun card to make!  I just had so much fun coloring with distress markers. (Did I tell you that I just got a bunch on SALE from JoAnn's online?) I just had to find the right image to color and this new-to-me stamp from Stampendous called Ranunculus Field R112 was just the right image.  I also was able to use my newest addiction- the Wink of Stella glitter pen.  I know,  I was a little late getting on the Wink of Stella band wagon; but I am on it now!  and making up for lost time.


I first took a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper and trimmed it down to 3.75" x 5".  I rubbed my embossing bag over it, stamped the image in VersaMark and heat embossed it with Zing! white embossing powder.  I then used Salty Ocean distress ink and a foam blender to color in the blue background.  I colored in the flowers with the following Distress markers:
Worn Lipstick
Spun Sugar
Shabby Shutters
Peeled Paint



Using the Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banner Sayings and coordinating Tilted Banners Die, I stamped the sentiment "Just Saying Thanks" on the banner in VersaFine Black Onyx ink.  Using my bone folder, I re-scored the folding lines from the die folded the banner together.  I shaded around the banner a little with Tea Dye Distress marker to help give it an aged look.  I then popped the banner on top of the colored card front.


I finished off the card by popping the colored card front on top of some black card stock matted to 4"x 5.25" and adhered the black card stock to a standard A2 card made in Neenah 110# Solar White paper. Of course, the flowers needed some sparkle so they got a nice coating of clear Wink of Stella.



I hope you enjoyed this card; it was really fun to make.  Maybe it gave a little Spring inspiration?  It was 60 degrees today for the first time since October 13 (just heard that on the news), so I got plenty of outside time.  Now I am ready for flowers and GREEN!!!!!  Oh wait, it is supposed to rain here, but north of me can get up to 20 inches of snow tomorrow!  Yuck…. gotta love Minnesota.

Thank you again for stopping by.  As always, the supplies I could find are listed below using Inlinkz.


Comments

Popular Posts