You're Very Special….

I'm on a roll… apparently with Distress inks.  I created a card tonight that used several (and I mean several) Distress Ink markers and ink pads.  I also used my very coveted Ladies' Diary paper from Graphic 45.  I think this was the first time I even tore a piece of paper out of that 12x12 pad, let alone cut into it.  But I am happy with the results.



Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge of Mother's Day/Special Girl inspired me to create this card tonight.  I started with finding just the right image from Graphic 45's paper collection Ladies' Diary.  I cut out the image following its intricate border.  I colored in the image with 8 Distress Markers.
-  Her shirt is colored with Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold and Wild Honey.
-  Her gloves are colored with Milled Lavender and Spun Sugar.
-  Her skirt is colored with Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo.
-  Her hair decorations are colored with Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick.
-  Lastly, I used Stormy Sky for her fan.
I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to accent her shirt, fan, skirt bow and hair decoration.  I distressed the image around her with Walnut Stain and Tea Dye Distress inks.  I glued some Hero Hues Woven Lace Ribbon along the left side of the image.


For the sentiment, I used a Tim Holtz Journaling Ticket which I distressed with Walnut Stain, Tea Dye and Victorian Velvet Distress inks.  I stamped the sentiment from the Very Special stamp set from Simon Says Stamp in VersaMark and heat set it with Zing! white embossing powder.  I popped the sentiment ticket up with 3D foam squares and made a little bow out of some twine.  I added a pearl for additional interest.



For the background, I used Tim Holtz and Ranger's Distress collection paper in Tattered Rose.  I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz paper distressing tool and used the same Walnut Stain, Tea Dye and Victorian Velvet Distress inks.  I then (after making sure the paper was VERY dry) stamped the script stamp from Tim Holtz Papillon stamp set and heat set it with Ranger Super Fine Detail clear embossing powder.  I wanted to give the background just a little interest without taking interest away from the main image.  I layered this on top of a card base made of Stampin Up Chocolate Chip card stock.



I am happy with this card and have to decide who I am going to give it to… Mom, Grandma or Great-Grandma….. maybe I will just make a few more and send one to each of them.  Below are the supplies I used.  I will also be entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of Mother's Day/Special Girl.  Please let me know if you have any questions on my supplies.  Thank you for stopping by today:)


Supply List using Inlinkz and Simon Says Stamp Store:


Comments

  1. This card is so beautiful and art-deco! :) Love it! The sentiment is so pretty and I love that lace ribbon! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts