You Are…..

I finally decided to crack open the February Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I had made only one card with it, so I decided it was high time for me to make some more.  I made two simple cards.

Card #1:  You Are Missed
The only thing I knew I wanted to do with this card was cut a big banner and have it slightly off center.  Other than that, I really did not know what I wanted to do.  So I decided to cut a circle and a scalloped circle with my Big Shot and dies.

Then using the Thinking of You stamp set in the SSS February 2014 card kit, I decided to stamp the little flower, some leaves and the circle of dots.  I used inspiration from Jennifer McGuire's two-tone stamping technique to give my flower some shading.  If you have not seen Jennifer's blog post and video linked above, I suggest popping over there.  The card she made is awesome.

I added some dashed lines around the banner, layered the gray background with some pink paper from the card kit and adhered it to a card made with Neenah 110# solar white paper.  For some added interested, I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen over the flower and leaves.  It doesn't show up well in the picture, but it is really cute when looking at it in person.


Supplies used:

Stampin Up inks:
Basic Gray, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding






Card #2:  You Are Loved
For my second card I used more supplies from the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit.  Let me just say how much I LOVE the Basic Grey Fresh Cut 6x6 paper designs.  They are so dainty and have great trendy colors.  I selected one that has rain drops all over it.   I wanted to pick up the pool-like color in the drops, so I paired it with a beautiful pool colored paper in the same paper pad.

I first made a card base of Neenah 110# solar white paper.  I layered on some grey paper from my stash that is cut 4" x 5.25".  I layered on top of that the cute raindrop paper cut to 3.75" x 5".  I popped up the gray paper off of the card base to give the card some dimension.  Using one of the grey scraps from cutting down the layering paper, I stamped and embossed the white the dots from the SSS Thinking of You stamp set in the card kit.

The cute tag is cut from the pool paper and a Neenah scrap using the Sizzix Tags, Scallop Combo #2 original die.  I put the Neenah behind the pool paper to give it some sturdiness.  I stamped in Basic Gray ink from Stampin Up the sentiment You Are Loved from the Thinking of You stamp set.  I stamped it again using Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.   I wanted the sentiment to stand out, but I did not have any grey embossing powder.  I tied a little bow from some hemp twine and popped the tag up in the right corner.

I really like this card because I love the soft pool-like color.  The supplies for this card are listed below. As always, please let me know if you have any questions and THANK YOU for stopping by….


Supplies I could not find links for/ Stampin Up supplies:
Stampin Up ink in Basic Gray
Sizzix Tags, Scallop Combo #2 original die


Supplies from Simon Says Stamp using Inlinkz:


Comments

Popular Posts