You are Loved…square cuts

Yep, I am still working with the Simon Says Stamp February card kit.  I just love it so much, so I am cherishing it as long as I can.  I probably should start working with the March and April kits soon….

I love the floral paper, but I struggle sometimes when figuring out how to use it.  So I decided to cut one of the floral papers into 1.5"x 1.5" squares and frame them with 1.75" x 1.75" black squares.  I centered the squares onto the card front using my T-ruler.  Then I cut out another black square and emboss the You Are Loved sentiment on it.  I popped that square up over the 4 patterned paper squares after using my T-ruler and white gel pen to draw faux stitching lines.

Using my T-ruler and a black gel pen, I drew faux stitching lines on the white Neenah solar white card front that is cut slightly smaller than the A2 size.  It is cut to 4" x 5.25".  I adhered that to a black card stock cut to 4.25" x 5.5".  I used Neenah Solar White 110# card stock as my top-folding card base.

Next time I make this card I am going to use my corner chomper to round one if not all of the corners of the squares to give it a more finished look.  But I still like this card; it is simple and clean.

Thank you for stopping by.  The supplies I used are below.




Comments

Popular Posts