Busy day… and so much fun!

I have been busy- school, work and SIX cards!  I am so excited to show three of them to you today.  Two of them I made earlier this week and the rest I made today.  I got so much accomplished today- homework, housework and card making.  What a day!  I loved it!

On to the cards…..

Card #1 TAWS- Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful

I just love The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS).  The designs are so adorable.  I have been working with the Birds of a Feather and Bird Brain stamp sets, and this card is one of my favorite.  I had so much fun coloring the birdie.  I used Spectrum Noir markers to color the bird, the blender pen to lift off ink for the dots in the feathers and then covered her eyelids in Wink of Stella clear glitter. I did not have a speech bubble stamp nor die, so I stamped the sentiment and then cut my own speech bubble around it.  I chose two patterned papers that coordinated, but did not match.  I was trying for a comic-style card, so I did not want it to be too clean and simple.  I then added a solid line using a black pen and T-ruler and followed with a dotted line as well.  I popped the birdie up on some foam squares and adhered the sentiment with some tape runner.





 Supplies:
Neenah Solar White card stock
Patterned papers (I do not know the brands, they were loose papers from previous card kits)
Spectrum Noir markers
Birds of a Feather TAWS stamp set
Bird Brain TAWS stamp set
Memento black ink

Card #2  TAWS-Shake Your Tail Feathers

Oh my goodness, I have been trying to make a card for this sentiment.  I think it is hilarious. I love this TAWS stamp set- Birds of a Feather. I stamped in Memento black ink the bird and three feathers on some mixed media paper from Strathmore. I added some dots to the birdie with a stamp of 3 dots included in the kit.  I colored the images with some Spectrum Noir markers. I cut them out leaving a white border. I put clear Wink of Stella on the bird as well as the feathers.  I put googly eyes on the bird.  I popped up the bird and the two feathers not attached to the bird.  For the feather attached to the bird, I used Glossy Accents at the tip behind the bird and popped up the edge of the feather.  Again, I used some patterned papers and stamped my sentiment in Memento black ink.  I added some dash lines and the card was finished.  I think this card is so cure; I will have to work on it to make a few more variations because I love the stamps.



 Supplies:
TAWS_ Birds of a Feather stamp set
Strathmore mixed media paper
Neenah Solar White cardstock
Various patterned papers
Spectrum Noir markers
Clear Wink of Stella marker
Memento black ink
Small moving eyes

Card #3 OWH- I Thank My Lucky Stars

Since I received my Operation White Home (OWH) stamp, I have been trying to make some cards to send in.  I recently purchased the Hero Arts OWH stamp set- Year Round Sentiments, so today I cracked it open and used a sentiment and some stars.  I had some paper left over from the Simon Says Stamp March card kit that had some stars and moons on it. I stamped the stars in SSS Sunshine ink and Memento black ink.  For the sentiment, I also used Memento black ink.  I die cut out a couple frames from Sizzix and stamped my sentiment on the smaller one on Neenah Solar White card stock. I colored the stars that were on the sentiment with a Prismacolor colored pencil as well as one of the bigger stars. I added dashed lines around the patterned paper and die cuts. I cut out the stars that I stamped and glued them onto the card front with Tombow glue. 



Supplies:
Hero Arts OWH- Year Round Sentiments stamp set
Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6 x 6 patterned paper
Neenah Solar White cardstock
Various card stock from the SSS march card kit
Memento black ink
Prismacolor colored pencils
SSS Sunshine ink
Tombow glue

Thank you for dropping by today.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Have a great day!



Comments

Popular Posts