With Sympathy

This weekend was quite productive … as least in my cards.  I seemed to have gotten over whatever was making me mess up my cards and actually got two cards finished without messing them up!

The first card is this Sympathy cards I made.  It took some time for me to make because I kept changing my mind on what stamp set I was going to use- Stampin Up Field Flowers or Stampin Up Blooming with Kindness.  I first tried with the Field Flowers, but did not like the outcome.  So I switched to the Blooming with Kindness.

- I stamped the flower on Neenah Solar White card stock.  I matted it with some Elegant Eggplant matching card stock from Stampin Up.  (I just love the Regals collection of inks!)

- I stamped the background script stamp from Tim Holtz' Papillon stamp set in Sahara Sand on Neenah Solar White and matted it with some more Elegant Eggplant.

- The sentiment is from Stampin Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I stamped it in VersaMark and embossed it with clear embossing powder since I kept smearing the ink. I then punched it out with Stampin Up's Word Window punch and matted it onto some Elegant Eggplant card stock punch with the Modern Label punch also by Stampin Up.  I put a clear jewel on either side of the sentiment.

- The funnest part of this card was die cutting some Bazzil 40lb. vellum with a Sizzix leaf die, spraying it with some Tattered Angels spray in Bronze and adding them behind the popped-up flower.  It just gives the card a little something without taking away from the image.

Although the occasion for making this card is sad, I still wanted to share the process with you.




Comments

Popular Posts