You are Missed….. OWH


Yeah!  I got my OWH (Operation Write Home) stamp in the mail and now I am ready to start making some cards for a wonderful cause. I have tried making a few, but they were just not turning out… but this one I like.  It is my first OWH card and I cannot wait to pack it away with several buddies and send it to a shipper.  For more information on Operation Write Home, please see their website  http://operationwritehome.org

Anywho… this card was a lot of fun to make.  I love the Basic Grey/ Hero Arts release Spice Market.  When I first saw the Large Petal Background stamp I just knew we were meant to craft together.  I have made one other card with this stamp (Here's the link to that post) and the stamp had been pleading for me to use it again.  

This time I stamped it in Color Box Frost White on Stampin Up Basic Black card stock.  I embossed it with clear embossing powder so I would not smear the ink… and because I am too impatient to let pigment ink air dry. I then painted with a very, very tiny paintbrush and some white fluid acrylic ink certain areas of the stamp.  I let it dry.

I cut the stamp up into 1" x1" squares.  I mounted each square unto a 1.25" x 1.25" square of Neenah Solar White.  I then glued four of those squares onto a 2.75 x 2.75 square of the same basic black card stock.  ( I believe that was the dimensions of the last square. I originally cut it bigger and then decided to trim it down).  

On the card base of Neenah Solar White, I layered some more black and white card stocks.  I tied a black and white ribbon across the card and popped the square over it.  I then very, very carefully stamped my sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Thinking of You stamp set in VersaFine black ink and let it dry overnight so I would not smear it…. because that it usually what I do.

I love this card and may be making a few that are similar because I have quite a few of the stamped squares left to use.  Thank you for stopping by today!


Comments

Popular Posts