Clean and Simple - BEE Happy

Tonight I attempted a clean and simple card.  I like the outcome, but I have a long way to go until I am comfortable that my designs are truly clean and simple.

There were a few lessons that I learned:
1. Just because the card looks simple, does not mean designing it is simple.
2. It is very easy to make the card less clean and simple in design.  I really wanted to add some yellow sequins (another thing I am working on).

This is one of the reasons why I love crafting and art- I am always learning.
 ********************************************************************************

Anyways, back to the card.  I finally was able to order the latest TAWS stamps last week and received them yesterday. I decided I wanted to use three of the new stamp sets to create this card.  It was so much fun.

I started out by stamping the bee from the BEE Unique set on Strathmore mixed media paper with Memento Black Tuxedo ink.  I colored it in using my Blick art markers in yellow canary and yellow ochre.  I cut it out and used a black marker to run around the edges to make it look like a clean cut.

For my card base and main layer, I used Neenah Solar White card stock.  I embossed the card front with the Cuttlebug Honeycomb embossing folder and using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations embossing diffuser (circle #1 from set #1). The diffuser created the middle circle void of embossing. I then cut out a circle ring out of Neenah card and colored it with the Yellow Canary marker to match the   bee.

I stamped the bee outline in the place that I wanted to place the colored bee and stamped the antennae. I stamped the sentiment from the BEE Sweet set in Memento Black Tuxedo and popped the bee up on foam adhesive. I stamped the dashed line behind the bee from the BEE Happy set and added a black dashed line around the yellow circle using a Pigma Micron pen.   I then cut the card front panel to 5.25" x. 4" and popped it up on a standard A2 card with foam adhesive.



Please are the supplies from The Alley Ways Stamps and Simon Says Stamp.  I am entering this card into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge - Clean and Simple.



Comments

  1. I found CAS cards difficult, too, as, like you, I always wanted to add smething else. But like most things, practice will give you a feel for when to stop! This is just darling, texture and such a cute image; thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge, Theresa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts