Patterned Paper Squares...

I struggle with patterned paper except when I paper piece a stamped image.  So I have been looking around for inspiration from my favorite fellow crafters and I found a card on StampNation that I could use as inspiration. For those of you who are members of StampNation, I used video #416 Pick Your Pattern as my inspiration.

I am still using some of my supplies from the February Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.  I love the Basic Grey Fresh Floral patterned paper, but I have been struggling using such bold patterns.  I used the navy card stock from the kit, some Pistachio Pudding card stock from Stampin Up and Neenah Solar White.  The photo makes the navy card stock look black, but it is navy.

I used the Lacy Doubles edge punch from Fiskers on the Solar White.  I layered some Pistachio Pudding paper on top of that and stamped my sentiment from the Beautiful Words stamp set from Simon Says Stamp in Hero Arts Navy mid-tone ink.  I cut 1.5" x 1.5" squares from the patterned paper and rounded two corners.  I also rounded the opposite corners of the Solar White and Pistachio Pudding papers. I popped up the squares of patterned paper on a rectangle of the same navy card stock as the base.

For the flower, I used  Prima and a Recollections flowers.  I layered them and put a navy brad in the middle.  I used some twine to create a loose bow behind the flower and tied it a couple times around the card.  I lined the inside of the card with some more Neenah Solar White cards stock.

 Thank you for stopping by today.


Comments

Popular Posts